Coaching and the EMCC
About the EMCC
The EMCC exists to develop, promote and set the expectation of best practice in mentoring and coaching across Europe and beyond, for the benefit of society.
Our vision is to be the “go to” body in mentoring and coaching.
What are the International Standards for Mentoring and Coaching Programmes (ISMCP)?
The International Standards for Mentoring and Coaching Programmes
(ISMCP) is an independent accreditation awarded to organisations designing, delivering and evaluating mentoring and/or coaching programmes either ‘inhouse’ or externally. It is an integral and essential step on the path to establishing the professional credibility and status of good mentoring and/or coaching programme management, ensuring programmes are:
- Thoughtfully designed
- Systematically managed
- Significantly contributing to the development of participants, strategic drivers of the organisation and wider stakeholder objectives.
The ISMCP is built on six core standards:
- Clarity of Purpose
- Participants and Stakeholder Training and Briefing
- Processes for Selection and Matching
- Effective Processes for Measurement and Review
- Maintains High Standards of Ethics and Care/Duty of Care
- Supports Participants Throughout the Process/Systems of Programme Administration